dolibarr-user

Re: [Dolibarr-user] Usage of translations (5.0.1)

From: Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy)
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-user] Usage of translations (5.0.1)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 03:57:03 +0200

When you click on change button, you can edit the string that is used if no tranlation key is found (the french key).
But this is useless because a translation key exists. That's why you have to use the translation tool to change value.
A change has been done for v6 to make this easier to understand.

If string is too large, you must use the translation tool in v5 to use shorter translation.
If it doesn't work, please send exemple of case you need to change.

Hello,

I noticed a strange behaviour of translations related to master data while using v5.0.1 in German language. Not sure if it applies everywhere, but for sure with payment terms:

There is a code called "RECEP", with a description "Due Upon Receipt" and "description for documents" with the same text.

When I click on the "change" button, the FRENCH translation is shown instead of the German one!?
I can overwrite this (and it is correctly stored as the new text is shown if I press "change" again) but the line still shows English text.

Also the translation is not used at all: When entering an invoice and selecting the payment term the dropdown list reads "Due Upon Receipt" - and even worse, that text displays on the invoice document also!

To get the correct texts I had to use the translation tool and change "PaymentConditionRECEP" and "PaymentConditionShortRECEP". I don't believe this is planned?

Can anyone confirm this?

Another question related to this: When I checked the documents I saw that (at least for German) some of the headings are out of bound. Do we have some instructions somewhere how to change the templates?

Thanks in advance,
Torsten