dolibarr-user

Re: [Dolibarr-user] Issues with German Translation and usage

From: Destailleur Laurent
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-user] Issues with German Translation and usage
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:43:42 +0100

For translation problems, the best way to deal this is to create an account here
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/dolibarr/

so you can fix translation yourself from the web interface. I did it for Kapitol.
Are you ok to do it for other string ?

For 3, you can add space into free text so you can place text at correct right/center/left position.
We can make a change to add director, but where can we found the information into database. Should we must add a new field into main company information ?

Hello,

I've encountered some Problems, hopefully this is the right place to discuss them?

1. There is a big translation error: "Capital" was translated as "Hauptstadt" (Capitol) which makes no sense at all! This is printed at the bottom line of invoices, if you fill in the capital value in you own company settings. Correct would be "Kapital".
On the other Hand, it seems not to be necessary at all in Germany to print in on documents, so currently I just leave it blank.

2. The default Date and Time settings for Germany are %d.%m.%Y (not %d/%m/%Y) and %H:%M  (there is no AM/PM). Since this is stored in main.lang instead of some kind of dictionary, the settings are silently overwritten on each update, which is quite annoying.
If it is too hard to have date/time settings editable from within dolibarr, please change the default like this:

SeparatorDecimal=.
SeparatorThousand=None
FormatDateShort=%d.%m.%Y
FormatDateShortInput=%d.%m.%Y
FormatDateShortJava=dd.MM.yyyy
FormatDateShortJavaInput=dd.MM.yyyy
FormatDateShortJQuery=dd.MM.yy
FormatDateShortJQueryInput=dd.MM.yy
FormatHourShort=%H:%M
FormatHourShortDuration=%H:%M
FormatDateTextShort=%d %b %Y
FormatDateText=%d %B %Y
FormatDateHourShort=%d.%m.%Y %H:%M
FormatDateHourSecShort=%d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S
FormatDateHourTextShort=%d %b %Y %H:%M
FormatDateHourText=%d %B %Y %H:%M

3. In Germany the "Managing Director(s)" is/are required by law on relevant documents. Currently I achieve this by using the "free text" field in module "invoice", but this doesn't look good (it's left aligned instead of centered like the other footer lines). I'd greatly appreciate if this information could be added in a later version.

Best regards,
Torsten