Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] List and Details of Schools.

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] List and Details of Schools.
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 02:02:40 +0100

Ian Lynch wrote:
On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 20:38 +0100, Tim Dobson wrote:
>> At the moment I think it would be best to put primary schools on a
>> different page - the reason being that the dynamics are different -
>> Primary schools usually don't have onsite technicians and so things work
>> differently. If anyone would like to start a similar page for primary
>> schools, please feel free :)

You might like to point the primary schools at some free javascript
puzzles we did a while back

http://www.theingots.org/Ottos_club/

These have links to the NC and have differentiated difficulty for
different levels.

Yeah, I think things like that would be good. If one aims at primary schools, you either need to target teacher level things so things like this where the teacher can click a book mark and have useful things like this is always welcomed by them.

I'm not too sure how one would go about getting more free software into primary schools though and whether they are good "effort for results", compared to other higher education organisations...

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net
----