[Dfey-nw-discuss] Stephen Fry introduces free software

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Stephen Fry introduces free software
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:18:25 +0100

For those who haven't seen it, The Free Software Foundation has released a video featuring Stephen Fry, explaining free software and GNU to those who might otherwise find it difficult to understand.

The video, published at http://gnu.org/fry
has caused quite a stir across the the F/LOSS atmosphere since it was released on Tuesday.

Up-and-coming Podcast, Freedom Socks, managed to grab an interview with Matt Lee, Campaigns manager at the FSF, who was behind the whole video. The interview is quite interesting as the hosts put some quite difficult questions to him.

Freedom Socks Episode 7:
http://freedomsocks.co.uk/blog/2008/09/04/episode-7/

MP3: http://freedomsocks.co.uk/podcasts/FreedomSocks07.mp3

OGG: http://freedomsocks.co.uk/podcasts/FreedomSocks07.ogg