Re: glissandi control

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: glissandi control
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 08:55:22 +0100

On Wed, 2023-09-06 at 16:15 -0700, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> I have inserted the proper command in Lilypond using Frescobaldi,
> which is:
>
> glissandoSkipOn = {
>   \override NoteColumn.glissando-skip = ##t
>   \hide NoteHead
>   \override NoteHead.no-ledgers = ##t
> }
>
> glissandoSkipOff = {
>   \revert NoteColumn.glissando-skip
>   \undo \hide NoteHead
>   \revert NoteHead.no-ledgers
> }
> Is it possible to input this in Denemo?

Yes, you use the command:

Command: LilyPond Definition
Create a definition at the head of the LilyPond output. This can then
be referenced in the music. See LilyPond documentation.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score
Internal Name: LilyPondDefinition

to define the two variables glissandoSkipOn/Off
then in the music use

Command: Insert Lilypond
Insert or edit a directive in the LilyPond music typesetting language.
This can be used for extra spacing, transposing or almost anything. See
LilyPond documentation for ideas.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Directives
Internal Name: InsertStandaloneDirective

to insert \glissandoSkipOn/Off as needed. You can create buttons or
menu commands to invoke these as usual.

HTH

Richard