Re: Insert graphics

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Re: Insert graphics
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 15:58:59 +0000

Amazing

 \hspace #16 ┌  \hspace #2  \italic {3} \hspace #2  ┐
¶\bold "Swing it!" { \note {8} #UP } { \note {8} #UP } = { \note {4} #UP } \hspace #2 {
\note {8} #UP }
works well.
I will study the lilypond docs.
Joe

On 27/01/2022 10:21, Richard Shann wrote:
On Thu, 2022-01-27 at 08:26 +0000, joeandangela@btinternet.com wrote:
Hi Richard,
Any ideas as to how this can be done?
for LilyPond version 2.22 this documentation

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/music

says that in multiline text and music editor you could put

\hspace #10 \italic {3}
¶{ \note {8} #UP } { \note {8} #UP } = { \note {4} #UP } \hspace #2 {
\note {8} #UP }

which gets you started, but getting the tuplet bracket would be harder,
eps would give complete control once you have mastered a program to
generate it.

Note that the syntax for \note changed after LilyPond version 2.18
where you used \note #"8" instead of \note {8}

I tried creating the graphic and converting it to esp but it failed
with Directives Markings TextImage.
was this the command you meant:

Command: Insert Graphic
Inserts a graphic in the music. This should be created as an
encapsulated postscript file.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Directives ▶ Markings ▶ Text/Symbol
Internal Name: InsertGraphic
?

  So I tried the ones given and they failed too.
It sounds like you are using a version of LilyPond that doesn't support
embedded eps files. If you go to the LilyPond window and right click to
typeset you should get an error message at the bottom, which will say
what it doesn't like.
  I had heard that LilyPond were considering dropping eps support, but
didn't know a version was available yet. The sample eps graphics are
working on LilyPond 2.22 that I just tested...
if you execute

(d-WarningDialog (d-GetLilyVersion))

in the Scheme window it will tell you which version you are using.

  So I have no idea what is wrong.
Best wishes Joe
Richard

PS, remember this is a public list - best to avoid broadcasting other's
email messages!