Re: Merge a Lilypond file/notation in Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Merge a Lilypond file/notation in Denemo
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 14:20:18 +0000

On Sun, 2022-01-02 at 14:12 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> Hi and happy new year!
>
> Is there a way to import a .ly file in Denemo as a new movement or
> merge it with an existing one? I often take musical notes using
> LilyBin on my phone (http://lilybin.com/), and I'm looking for a way
> to import those notes in Denemo, either as a new movement or merging
> the notes with an existing Denemo file. I'm aware Lilypond import
> support is limited.

You need:
Command: Paste LilyPond notes
Paste LilyPond notes from the text clipboard
This will import music written as LilyPond syntax
You open the LilyPond file in a texteditor, copy the stretch of notes
(control-c command in your texteditor usually) and then use this
command.
Location: Main Menu ▶ Edit
Internal Name: PasteClipboard

It will not cope with some syntax but I've made good use of it myself.
You can import bits before and after some unsupported syntax if need
be.
If the music is in \relative mode use Frescobaldi to convert it to
absolute pitches (and if not in default language likewise).

When pasting just a stretch of notes you may find you want to type in
the duration of the first note. Also, the first time you use it - if
you have guile 2 - it takes ages to run, after that it is quick.

HTH