Re: 17 & 20 November Downloads

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: 17 & 20 November Downloads
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 09:08:36 +0000

On Sat, 2021-11-27 at 10:47 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> I am not running with Admin privileges. Too dangerous!!
> I did copy the Nov22 unzipped download to a memory stick and tries it
> on
> a friend's PC.
> It could be that if the fault is with my PC the version had already
> been
> contaminated since on initiating the batch file denemo immediately
> found
> the default .denemo file, opened the Typeset window and refused to
> Typeset.

What exactly was the symptom? - when I tested on a new non-admin
account I was convinced it was failing when the Print View remained
gray for several minutes ... eventually it typeset the blank score.
What I noticed was that it had created cached fonts for LilyPond. After
that it typeset at a more reasonable speed.