Re: 17 & 20 November Downloads

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: 17 & 20 November Downloads
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 18:12:49 +0000

On Sat, 2021-11-27 at 10:47 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> I am not running with Admin privileges. Too dangerous!!

Yes, however it seems to be the default when first setting up a Windows
10 machine. I thought it worth the experiment to set up a new account
without Admin priviliges on the laptop I have access to. Then I tried
executing Denemo from a memory stick under that account. I was
surprised that it was prepared to execute it without asking for any
special permission, and consequently not so very surprised when it
managed to run LilyPond successfully.

It would in any case be a wrong error message - you are getting the
message that the executable program is not found, not that you don't
have permission to execute it. But I could believe that, but it seems
not to be the problem anyway.

Richard