Re: About Re: Denemo icon missing in application menu. was Re: Can not t

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: About Re: Denemo icon missing in application menu. was Re: Can not tweak objects in Debian's Version 2.5.0
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 12:34:15 +0000

On Sun, 2021-10-31 at 15:20 -0300, Robert Lewis wrote:
> On Sunday, October 31, 2021 2:14:20 P.M. ADT Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Sun, 2021-10-31 at 16:49 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > > Well my upgrade to Debian stable has worked, and I have built
> > > Denemo
> > > from sources using the atril.patch and without installing the
> > > libevince-dev package, installing instead libatrilview-dev and
> > > libatrildocument-dev (I don't know if this last one was required,
> > > didn't try without).
> > > The good(ish) news is that the following of links from the Print
> > > View
> > > back to the Denemo Display works, so re-positioning things like
> > > trill
> > > signs can be done via dragging in the Print View.
> > > My next experiment (after checking more things with this atril
> > > build)
> > > is to install from the Debian repository see if the tweaking
> > > fails
> > > and
> > > also see if the Icon appears in the Applications menu - in this
> > > respect
> > > I can mention that installing the evolution package failed to put
> > > an
> > > icon in the application menu, which is pretty extraordinary.
> > > Then I'll at last be able to test if the inability to tweak
> > > objects
> > > is
> > > due to libevince changes...
> >
> > So I have tested the 2.5.4 built with atril and everything is
> > working.
> > I've installed the Debian package, it has placed the icon in the
> > applications directory (MATE desktop) and I can confirm that the
> > links
> > from Print View are not working (strangely links from source pdfs
> > are
> > working).
this was a spurious observation on my part - the links from source pdfs
do not involved libevince handling a signal, unlike those from Print
View.
> >  So the finger of suspicion still points to libevince. I'll
> > build against that next.
> >
> > Richard
>
> Thanks for the update.  I'll be happy to test whenever you're ready.

I've just noticed that this thread has been left hanging, sorry. I
installed libevince-dev and the links from Print View were broken.
So the fix at the moment is to build against libatril-dev.
Unfortunately Denemo's configure file doesn't give an option to force
the build to use libatril, it will only use it if libevince is absent,
so that has to be uninstalled before building.