Re: 17 & 20 November Downloads

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: 17 & 20 November Downloads
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 10:30:51 +0000

On Wed, 2021-11-24 at 09:17 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> I think I'll have to
> instrument the code to show what's happening in more detail - I'll
> look
> into that.

I did this yesterday. To trigger the instrumentation go to Edit->Change
Preferences ->Externals and set the Graphics Editor field to the single
character "x" (without quotes). When this is set every invocation of
LilyPond will be accompanied by a dialog giving details of what process
should have been spawned and what the result was.
There are two such invocations we are interested in: first when the
lilypond field is set in the preferences the LilyPond executable is run
to find out the version, and then when Typeset is invoked it is run
with the needed arguments to generate the PDF.

This is in last night's build, but you can save the bother of
downloading all 150Mb or so by downloading the actual denemo executable
(4.4Mb):

http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/usr/i686-w64-mingw32.shared/bin/denemo.exe

This needs to replace the denemo.exe which is in the bin folder (which
is next to the Denemo.bat that you invoke). You could rename the
previous denemo.exe if you are nervous.