Re: Scrapping the buttons for shifting the playback markers left/right

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Scrapping the buttons for shifting the playback markers left/right
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2021 16:05:17 +0000

On Tue, 2021-11-09 at 14:55 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2021 at 13:15, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I propose getting rid of the buttons in the Playback Controls that
> > shift the Start/End playback markers as there is now the option to
> > drag
> > the markers (Ctrl-Alt drag left or right on the note that has the
> > marker on it).
> > Please say if you are fond of them.
> >
> > Richard
> >

> Hi, Forgot to report it before, in my system Ctrl-Alt drag doesn't
> work (virtual Lubuntu 20.04 under VirtualBox 6.1.28 running on MacOs
> Catalina).

Hmm, that's a shame as I have just committed code to allow control of
the brighness of the playback markers (too bright and they clutter the
display) - so if you drag left or right the markers move if you drag up
and down they get brighter/dimmer.

> I tried all the key combinations that I can think of: command option
> (left or right), control option, adding shift, etc.
> However, it would be completely fine for me if there was an option
> such as:
> - select note
> - key shortcut to set start playback marker
> - select note
> - key shortcut to set stop playback marker.

So you can do this. Looking at the Scheme for the Playback from cursor
to end:
;Play from Cusor to End
(d-PushPosition)
(DenemoSetPlaybackStart)
(d-MoveToEnd)
(DenemoSetPlaybackEnd)
(d-PopPosition)
(d-OneShotTimer 500 "(d-Play)")

I see that

(DenemoSetPlaybackStart)

 and

(DenemoSetPlaybackEnd)

are the two bits of Scheme you need for your two commands, if you make
commands to execute those two and give them shortcuts then you have
what you want.