Re: Keyboard shortcut to toggle between Print View and Denemo window

From: Lib Lists
Subject: Re: Keyboard shortcut to toggle between Print View and Denemo window
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 11:36:42 +0200

On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 at 18:11, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2021-11-08 at 11:37 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> > On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 at 18:02, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com>
> > wrote:

> > > I've just committed a set of "Toggles" into the View menu which
> > > hide/show various windows/panes. I've given them all default two
> > > key
> > > short cuts starting Esc, so Esc,p for instance shows/hides the
> > > Print
> > > View. The reason for using Esc is that once in the Print View
> > > pressing
> > > Esc again takes you back to the display(*).
> >
> > Awesome, thank you so much! That greatly improves my workflow.
> > I wrote some comments about the current toogle behaviour with
> > different windows:
> > - Print View: works except for the need of performing any action in
> > the window first before being able to close it,
>
> from my testing it is not any action - mouse movements don't help (bug
> *do* get acted on) nor do PgDn or up left arrow ... The only key press
> that "wakes up" the key press signal is down arrow and that key press
> is not actually acted on - not passed on to the handler - but after it
> all keystrokes are received by the widget.
>
> > - Command Center: works (esc,c opens CC, esc closes the window),
> > - Lilypond view: esc,l works but esc doesn't close the window, one
> > needs first to click on the Denemo window
> > - Scheme window: same as Lilypond view
>
> right - I've filled these out now.
>

> > An additional thought. I initially thought about a toggle option as I
> > noticed that I cannot close Denemo's subwindows (Print View, Scheme,
> > Lilypond, etc.) with 'ctrl,w', as quite common in MacOs (command,w)
> > and as far as I remember on Windows. If ctrl,w would work on all
> > Denemo subwindows this could allow a shortcut to open/focus a window,
> > the same shortcut to switch the focus back to Denemo window (while
> > keeping the other window open) and ctrl,w would close the currently
> > open window (or close score in Denemo window). I suspect though that
> > this is not possible.
> > Hopefully the explanation is clear enough.
>
> There is a horrible snarl around "focus" "iconized" etc. I notice that
> when you do (e.g.) Esc,c to get the Command Center the Esc on the
> Command Center returns to the main window by iconizing the Command
> Center.

(Apologies for my imprecise vocabulary). With 'iconize' do you mean
'reduce to icon', as equivalent to pressing the leftmost button in the
attached picture? If that's the case, then on my system I get a
different behaviour: when I press Esc (Command Center is on focus),
the Denemo window goes to the foreground and the Command Center is
still visible, just behind the Denemo window. When I press Esc,c then
the Command Center window is closed.

Unrelated, but I also noticed that if I minimize the Command Center by
clicking the above mentioned leftmost button, the Command Center is
created and closed by pressing Esc,c multiple times but always as
minimized.

Lib

Lib

Esc, c then hides the Command Center and you need another Esc,c