Re: Automatic adjustment of staff heights in display

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Automatic adjustment of staff heights in display
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 14:35:37 +0000

Thanks for the feedback.
On Wed, 2021-11-03 at 15:20 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> Hi, everything seems to work here well and smoothly. The automatic
> adjustment creates quite a big gap between staves, making reading
> multiple staves slightly uncomfortable to me. Is that done on purpose
> (for example in the future the possibility of giving more space to
> other elements, i.e. dynamics, hairpins etc.)?
Perhaps that was the idea (this is ancient code) - putting in a hairpin
does not affect the spacing, so if the staffs were much closer by
default then things would start clashing when hairpins were added.
However, the placing of hairpins under the notes ignores the note
positions, so they already easily clash with the note heads themselves.
I think it might be work just to have the default spacing rather less,
I'll look into it.

Richard