Re: How to use a custom clef and custom chord symbol font

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: How to use a custom clef and custom chord symbol font
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 17:40:21 +0000

On Mon, 2021-11-01 at 18:01 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> Hi,
> a couple of questions:
>
> 1. I would like to use a custom G clef in my scores, in particular
> this one: http://lilybin.com/vxtdv7/1.

That example can be done by pasting the text from the top to the
\clefGScore line into the LilyPond Score Prolog:

Command: LilyPond Score Prolog
Inserts LilyPond syntax for include files etc at head of score.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score
Internal Name: ScoreProlog

as I have done in the example score attached.

You could make the LilyPond syntax less monolithic by creating the
definition of the variable \clefGScore using the command:

Command: LilyPond Definition
Create a definition at the head of the LilyPond output. This can then
be referenced in the music. See LilyPond documentation.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score
Internal Name: LilyPondDefinition

and you *could* place the first bit which calls the define-markup-
command procedure to the head of the LilyPond syntax but there are no
ready made commands for that, you would need to write the Scheme (in
the source code is the "examples" directory that has a Denemo Score
with all the variety of placements that can be done for the LilyPond
syntax but it would be a bit of a slog for you to sort that out...)

> 2. I'd like to use a Roman font family for the chord symbols, as in
> here: http://lilybin.com/x9shb7/1

That's easier you can just use

Command: Insert Lilypond
Insert or edit a directive in the LilyPond music typesetting language.
This can be used for extra spacing, transposing or almost anything. See
LilyPond documentation for ideas.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Directives
Internal Name: InsertStandaloneDirective

to insert the syntax

\override ChordName.font-family = #'roman

before the chords you want to appear in roman or whatever, as in the
attached. Again there are more elegant ways (for the LilyPond view),
but if you are not going on to edit the LilyPond you may not care to
get involved.