Re: [Denemo-devel] Non-printing rest

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Non-printing rest
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 12:40:42 +0000

On Sun, 2018-11-25 at 15:44 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard
>
> I use a lot of these to position Chord changes in a Chord Staff. All
> are
> fine except......
>
> In Windows 10 Shift-R followed by a number works in all cases except
> 0 =
> 4 crotchets.

Do you mean that when you press that key combination when hovering on
the InsertBlankWholeNote menu item (which is this command

Command: Insert a 𝄻 Spacer
Insert a non-printing 𝄻 rest
Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests ▶ Rest Insertion
Internal Name: InsertBlankWholeNote

or if you use the Add 1-Key Shortcut in the Command Center while that
command is selected, something strange happens? " = 4 crotchets" ???

>  Neither 0
meaning the one on the top row and the one on the numeric keypad?
>  works and switching num-lock off does not improve
> things.
>
> Is this a known issue?

Well, not to me :) The nearest thing I have is a Windows Vista laptop -
it is not distinguishing between right and left shift keys, so it just
asks if I want to lose the current shortcut for ChangeTo0 (change the
note's duration to whole note)

>  There are plenty of work-rounds. Shift-R followed
> by 1 and then Shift-0 is OK.
then I suppose you would have to use Shift-R,1,1 for a minim?
>  I just wondered.
What would be interesting would be to look at those key re-assignment
programs that are available for windows (someone I know uses one to
avoid the Ctrl key being so close to the Shift). If you never use the
"Windows" key (the one with a flag on it) for getting up the windows
menu then you could free it for use in Denemo.