coposys-dev

Re: [Coposys-dev] Re: Questions Coposys.

From: Cyril Bouthors
Subject: Re: [Coposys-dev] Re: Questions Coposys.
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:40:05 +0200

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Guillaume_All=E8gre?= writes:
 > By the way, is there any non french-speaking people ?

        At  present everybody  involved in  the  Community Positioning
System are french  and speak french.  However, we  will certainly have
to  work with people  from various  countries and  in that  respect it
seems to me that we should  only use english so that communication can
be established, history of the project browsed etc.

        That may be a drawback if some people are not confortable with
english. To  my knowledge this is not  the case at present  and I hope
this won't become a major problem.

 > je peux bricoler un tout petit truc à partir du modèle numérique de
 > la Terre de GTOPO30

Why not ? What is GTOPO30 ? Software ? Satellite ?

 > >    L'idee est d'afficher une map du monde avec un seul point pour
 > > montrer  a l'utilisateur  ou il  va  se trouver  s'il valide  ces
 > > coordonnees.
 >
 > D'accord.

Is it easier to do it with xplanet or GTOPO30 ? Could you do this ?

 > >    Il  n'y a  pas de  solution pour  representer la  densite avec
 > > xplanet actuellement (50 personnes  de la communaute FSF habitent
 > > a Paris mais ca ne fait  qu'un seul point); connais tu des outils
 > > capables de faire ca ?
 >
 > Non, si on veut vraiment ça, il faudra peut-être patcher xplanet.

This is a good idea, are you interrested by the implementation ?

PS: This is almost a straight copy/paste from
<URL:http://coopx.eu.org/pipermail/coopx/2001-June/000005.html>
and
<URL:http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gnu-search-hackers/2001-July/000001.html>
(you know how lazy I am)
--
Cyril Bouthors -- phone:+33 1 41 66 47 06
                    fax:+33 1 41 66 47 10