cons-discuss

Re: CinePaint Cons Packager

From: Robin Rowe
Subject: Re: CinePaint Cons Packager
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:47:58 -0800

Somebody sent me this question off-list...

Hi, have you considered using SCons (www.scons.org) instead? Cons has
not been maintained for many years now, and is pretty much at the end of
its life. However, its best ideas live on in SCons, which is actively
being developed and sports features that surpass that of Cons (such as
out-of-the-package support for parallel builds).

If someone wants to volunteer to provide scons support for CinePaint, I wouldn't turn it down. Personally, I prefer cons because I do more Perl than Python.

I've adopted orphaned projects before. CinePaint evolved from a forgotten branch of GIMP that project never released.

Robin
--
Robin Rowe
CinePaint Project Leader

Open CinePaint Volunteer Position

CinePaint is popular advanced image editing software used by pro photographers and studio visual effects artists.

Are you interested in learning an alternative to autotools? Cons is a simple widely-used, but not well-known build system based on Perl. Some knowledge or interest in learning cons, Perl, and autotools necessary. Fun project for someone who likes Perl and is interested in build systems.

###