classpath-inetlib

[Classpath-inetlib] Possible bug in gnu.inet.util.BASE64

From: Jorge Barreiro
Subject: [Classpath-inetlib] Possible bug in gnu.inet.util.BASE64
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:50:50 +0100

Hello,

I've found what seems to be a bug in the gnu.inet.util.BASE64 class: The
encoding function never appends the '=' padding characters. I sent this mail
first because there's some code in the class dealing with this, but it's
commented, so I don't know if this is intentional. In addition, that library
wasn't updated in years. Is it deprecated? Is there any alternative?

This class is used in the gnu javax.mail implementation, and is preventing me
from authenticating with a server.

If you confirm me that the padding characters should be there and this is a
bug, I can make and send you a patch.