circe-help

[Circe-help] nickserv on freenode

From: John J Foerch
Subject: [Circe-help] nickserv on freenode
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 12:59:04 -0500

Hello,

  The default configuration to auto-identify with nickserv on freenode
did not work for me.  But the following configuration does work:

(setq circe-nickserv-alist
  '(("irc.freenode.net"
     "NickServ" "NickServ" "services."
     "\C-b/msg\\s-NickServ\\s-identify\\s-<password>\C-b"
     "PRIVMSG NickServ :IDENTIFY %s")))

(setq circe-nickserv-passwords
  `(("irc.freenode.net" "not-tellin")))

  Specifically, the default regexp for the nickserv notice was
incorrect, and I had to change instances of the server name "freenode"
to "irc.freenode.net".

  In case this has any bearing on the value of circe-server-network, I
connect to freenode by:

   M-x circe RET irc.freenode.net RET RET

  Hope this helps.

--