circe-help

[Circe-help] Nickserv identify

From: Peter BARABAS
Subject: [Circe-help] Nickserv identify
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 04:56:24 +0200

Hello,

Is it possible that identification with nickserv doesn't work?

My config:

(load-file (concat z0d:elisp-directory "/irc-passwords.el"))

    (setq circe-nickserv-passwords
      `(("oftc" ,z0d:oftc-nick-password)
        ("freenode" ,z0d:freenode-nick-password)))

(defun irc-oftc ()
  "Connect to OFTC IRC network."
  (interactive)
  (circe "irc.oftc.net" "6667" "oftc"))

When I check the password variables, they contain the right password.
Sniffing the ethernet traffic shows that no /msg nickserv identify ...
was sent. Is anything wrong with my config?

Thank you in advance.

--
'(Yours parenthetically),
peter barabas.