circe-help

Re: [Circe-help] 2 questions

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [Circe-help] 2 questions
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:27:08 +0100

Dieter Deyke <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I found out about Circe a few days ago, and so far I like it
> very much.

Thanks!

> - I am using Circe to connect to a bitlbee gateway,
> which in turn
>   connects to Yahoo. Yahoo sends messages to me
> whenever I am getting
>   new mail there. These messages look like:

> <root> YAHOO - Received e-mail message from Stefan
> Monnier
>     (address@hidden) with subject `Re:
> diff-mode
>     documentation'
>
>    Is there an easy way to suppress those? Currently
> these message
>    trigger the activity tracker, causing false alarms.

You can add the bitlbee channel to `lui-track-ignored-buffers'.
This is already sufficient if you have bitlbee use queries for
private talk. If you prefer such talk to appear in the bitlbee
channel, you can tell Circe to ignore only "normal" faces - then,
messages which are directed at you will still be highlighted by
the tracking.

The best solution for this would of course be to exclude lines
matching regexpses. I'll add this to my todo list (which is quite
long, so don't hold your breath :-))

> - Could I change the color (face) of the activity
> tracking mark in the
>   mode line, so it becomes more visible? Blinking red
> would be ideal
>   for me.

I'm not quite sure I understand - the channel names in the
tracking will retain the faces the last "interesting" message
there had (interesting defined by `lui-track-faces-priorities').
If you want to overwrite this behavior, you have to redefine
`lui-track-status'.

Could you explain what exactly you want to happen there? Maybe I
can add the required feature.

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))