Re: Deprecated current-milliseconds

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: Deprecated current-milliseconds
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 09:07:46 +0100

I've seen this too, and I wish the deprecation warning mentioned this alternative. I think in this particular example, it's just a rename - bu I'm guessing.

Would it be possible to mark deprecations with alternatives/documentation to point users in the new direction?

K.

On Wed, Dec 6, 2023, 23:12 Kon Lovett <konlovett@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2023, at 1:58 PM, Lassi Kortela <lassi@lassi.io> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Version 5.3 csc gives the warning:
>
> Use of deprecated identifier `current-milliseconds' from module `chicken.time'.
>
> for (at least) these modules:
>
> * scheme.time (r7rs)
> * sendfile
> * srfi-18
>
> Is there a drop-in replacement for this procedure?

chicken time current-process-milliseconds