How to get help on commands

From: Lewis Levin
Subject: How to get help on commands
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 16:55:35 +0000

After installing r7rs, ‘open-output-port’ is a more complete implementation with this signature:

open-output-file name . mode

I need documentation for what is allowed in mode.  There is no functions documentation anywhere for Chicken.  I don’t think is satisfactory to say “Chicken is standard” as there is no standard.  A function may or may not be provided.  The function if provided may or may not work as it does in any other scheme.  Keyword arguments may or may not exist. Each implementation may allow different optional arguments.