Re: New egg: CHICKEN Transducers

From: Jeremy Steward
Subject: Re: New egg: CHICKEN Transducers
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 19:03:54 -0700

On 1/5/23 09:45, Walter Lewis wrote:
On 1/4/23 8:48 PM, Jeremy Steward wrote:
And I've written a short blog post outlining some of my frustrations
that led me to writing this egg:

<https://www.thatgeoguy.ca/blog/2023/01/04/reflections-on-transducers/>

Happy to engage with the rest of the community on what the next
priority for such a library should be.

Great post. I would love to see a portable R7RS library, which you
mention as a possibility. For example, I am working on an R7RS
containers library and it would be straightforward to include
transducers as part of it.

Excellent. I'll keep this on the radar then. I'll probably need to read (or perhaps if I choose to whip myself enough, write) a guide for what needs to happen to go from CHICKEN -> R7RS.

I doubt it's too much, but I do use the check-errors egg so a portable shim is necessary, and I think I need whatever the fixnum SRFI is.

Either way, I'll post here to the list if and when that is completed.

Cheers,
--
Jeremy Steward