Re: require-extension and require-library

From: Erica Z
Subject: Re: require-extension and require-library
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 15:05:03 +0100

Hi Evan,

I suppose that makes sense, thank you! This does lead to something else that’s
fuzzy on my mind; the exact role of import.scm files, which I don’t believe is
mentioned outright in the documentation? I can guess that it has to do with
providing import libraries, but I can’t be completely sure.

In general, this lack of specificity and consistency when it comes to how
CHICKEN deals with files and modules in the smaller scale is something that’s
keeping me from being truly productive with the environment; I just can’t come
up with a flexible way to organize my projects that can adapt to my needs at
any given point. It’s hard to me to suggest an alternative, since I’m having
trouble seeing the full picture! But what I can say is that the manual could
do a better job at presenting this information, since I’m seeing some concepts
that are never directly addressed, just sprinked across multiple sections.

For now, I’ll look into csm, since it looks like a straightforward tool, and
use csi more sparingly.