Re: Reository Path, FAQ, and Index Questions

From: T. Kurt Bond
Subject: Re: Reository Path, FAQ, and Index Questions
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 15:39:23 -0500

The chickadee egg [1] is a very useful web interface to chicken-doc.

[1] http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/chickadee

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 9:07 AM Christian Himpe <christian.himpe@uni-muenster.de> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to ask how I can programmatically determine the system location of eggs?
I ask because if I installed an egg to a user directory and I want to use the system's eggs as well as the user egg, it seems I need to have the system's and the user egg repository in the CHICKEN_REPOSITORY_PATH environment variable. As the system's location may differ among operating systems, I would like to determine this path from the command line and add it by script.

Also, is it possible that the "How can I install CHICKEN eggs to a non-default location?" section of the "Frequently Asked Question":

http://wiki.call-cc.org/faq#how-can-i-install-chicken-eggs-to-a-non-default-location

is out of date? "chicken-install -init" and "(repository-path ...)" seem not be available in CHICKEN Scheme 5.2, unless I am using it incorrectly.

Lastly, I would like to ask if CHICKEN Scheme has a function/symbol index, as for example Chez Scheme has:

https://www.scheme.com/csug8/csug_1.html

and I just overlooked it?

Thank You

Christian