Re: Performance question concerning chicken flonum vs "foreign flonum"

From: Christian Himpe
Subject: Re: Performance question concerning chicken flonum vs "foreign flonum"
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 14:50:22 +0100 (CET)

Dear Felix,

Thank you for the patch. I built the current git head with your patch.
After importing chicken.flonum, I get the following error when calling fp*+:

#;2> (fp*+ 1.0 2.0 3.0)

Error: unbound variable: g18021803

        Call history:

        <syntax>          (fp*+ 1.0 2.0 3.0)
        <eval>    (fp*+ 1.0 2.0 3.0)    <--

But, fp*+ is found:

#;2> (procedure? fp*+)
#t

I performed the following build steps:

git clone git://code.call-cc.org/chicken-core
cd, mv etc.
patch -p1 < 0001-Add-support-for-fused-multiply-add.patch
make PREFIX=XXX PLATFORM=linux OPTIMIZE_FOR_SPEED=1
CHICKEN=XXX/chicken52/bin/chicken
make PREFIX=XXX PLATFORM=linux install

Best

Christian

--
Dr. rer. nat. Christian Himpe
University of Münster / Applied Mathematics Münster