Re: New egg: nng

From: Ariela Wenner
Subject: Re: New egg: nng
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 09:31:54 -0300

Hi Mario!

Welp... that's a bummer. I was sure it was a timing issue with the tests.

I'll keep poking at it on different machines to see what I'm missing.

Thanks for giving it a try! Cheers!

El 4 de noviembre de 2021 4:16:46 p. m. GMT-03:00, Mario Domenech Goulart <mario@parenteses.org> escribió:
Hi Ariela,

On Sun, 31 Oct 2021 17:18:45 -0300 Ariela Wenner <arisunz@disroot.org> wrote:

So, here's a followup

I linked pthreads and added the things you suggested to the wiki.

As for the hangs, I hate to say this but it seems like the test was the problem.
More precisely, it seems like the topic for the subscriber socket wasn't set
fast enough, so when the publisher socket sent a message, the subscriber wasn't
ready for it. Hang.

I added some coordination in the test itself and ran the tests over 100 times
just to be sure. No hang. Maybe I'm just being extremely unlucky though, so as
always feedback is appreciated.

Just pushed a new tag with the changes, fingers crossed.

Thanks.

I'm sad to report, though, that tests of 0.2.1 still hang here.

I'm testing it with the following command:

$ test-new-egg nng https://gitlab.com/ariSun/chicken-nng/-/raw/main/nng.release-info

I executed the command above three times and tests hanged consistently.

I'm using strace to verify that the test process is not actually doing
anything:

$ strace -p 14836
strace: Process 14836 attached
restart_syscall(<... resuming interrupted poll ...>

All the best.
Mario
--
Ariela Wenner