Re: How to get a useful repl with Chicken 5?

From: Vasilij Schneidermann
Subject: Re: How to get a useful repl with Chicken 5?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 16:48:08 +0100

Hello Matt,

> 4. Code completion works!! Maybe it is a bit much to ask but it'd be useful
> if completion rolled over from internal symbols to files. (*)

Fun fact: The default readline completer uses file names.  If you change
it to something else you no longer get file names.  Since the example
code did that to get Scheme completions, you'd need to extend it to
handle file names.  I don't think I'll reimplement it in Scheme, but it
should nevertheless be a good exercise.

> Thanks Vasilij, this egg is very much appreciated. If no one else is
> reporting problems on Ubuntu 18.04 then likely I've got something messed up
> on my home machine. I'll debug further and report back on what I find.

I'll try to reproduce the issue with Ubuntu 18.04 in a Docker container
or something.

Vasilij