Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Advanced Networking Features

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Advanced Networking Features
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 06:54:20 -0400

It started as a redesign of commoncpp to re-examine how we got ourselves stuck with such difficulty with ipv6 addressing in sockets, and hence how to change the class structure to make it much easier to do ipv4/ipv6 code than the two separate address class branches.

It is possible that some future commoncpp release may be derived entirely from ucommon code. More short term, things like the ucommon version of string classes and object templates will be introduced in commoncpp first, as these are the least used core features in commoncpp today, and hence least likely to break existing code and usage patterns, while they are heavily used in newer packages like sipwitch.

Nicholas J Humfrey wrote:
That would be great :)

Sorry - I am new to the world of ccrtp - What is ucommon's purpose?
A cut down version of GNU Common C++, for embedded systems?
How does it relate to ccrtp?

Thanks,

nick.