[Ccrtp-devel] Multicast and rtplisten

From: Tom Anwyll
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Multicast and rtplisten
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 05:26:30 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

Apologies in advance if this is inappropriate for the list.

I'm encountering some unanticipated multicast behavior, which, I suspect, might be correct, but if someone could explain the rationale for it, I'll gladly (and blindly!) accept it.

For example, If I start 2 instances of the demo app rtplisten such that:

% rtplisten 225.157.32.2 18800

% rtplisten 225.157.32.4 18800

and then send a multicast stream to either 225.157.32.2 or 225.157.32.4,  both instances of rtplisten receive it.

Is this correct? If so, what is the rationale for it?

Thanks in advance,
Tom