Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Question about ccrtp 1.1.0

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Question about ccrtp 1.1.0
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:02:17 +0200

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 10:40:19PM +0900, HyoungJu Lee wrote:
> Sorry for my careless question..^_^
>
> Q2 is my misunderstand but, as I posed at Gnu Savannah ccRtp page,
> I wish to be add a function to padding on/off.

   Umm, the rules for setting the padding bit are fixed in the
standard, if your payload size is not multiple of 4, you have to add
padding. If you add padding but you do not set the padding bit,
receivers will think that padding bytes are actual payload.  I think
the best solution is to get chunks of data in multiples of 4 from
whatever your codec is, that's not usually difficult. Anyway, if
freeamp does not accept padded packets (as I read in your savannah
tech. request) it should be reported as a bug.