Re: [Ccrtp-devel] PCMU payload 0 and DTMF (RFP 2388)

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] PCMU payload 0 and DTMF (RFP 2388)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:49:15 +0200

        Hi,

        when you specify the payload type with setPayloadFormat, ccRTP
will use it for two things (that I can remember now :) ):

        - setting the pt field in outgoing packets headers

        - mapping the RTP timestamp to the wallclock. With PCMU, 8000
in the timestamp field equals to 1 second of real time, and from some
RTCP packets ccRTP also guess an absolute reference time.

        Apart from this, no filtering of incoming packets depending of
its pt field is done by default. You can add the filtering by
redefining onRTPPacketRecv.

        Also, there is a newer release, 1.1, at
http://sf.net/projects/cplusplus