c2m-project

[C2m-project] obediently

From: Susanna Nix
Subject: [C2m-project] obediently
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:21:03 +0300

In Gods name, then, let us cross the bridge, and fall onthem. We must takeour courage in both hands: aye, and pray for it with both handstoo. They must come by water, and take theEnglish in the rear on this side.
There is an unoccupied leatherstool on the noblemans left.
And nowwe have been butchered at Patay, and Sir John Talbot takenprisoner.
He has had his lancestuck up with a pennon, which streams in a strong east wind.
All the ladies explode in uncontrollable laughter.
Half the time the artillery is moretrouble than it is worth. If you will answer for The Churchs part, Iwill answer for the secular part.
Messire John de Stogumber: I am always the very goodfriend of His Eminence.
The Right Reverend the Bishop of Beauvais: MonseigneurCauchon. He has had his lancestuck up with a pennon, which streams in a strong east wind.
Strumpet: steadfast when you should bewanton, wanton when you should be steadfast. I will be first up the ladder when we reach the fort,Bastard.
In your language traitor meansbetrayer: one who is perfidious, treacherous, unfaithful, disloyal.
No: the help and counsel of the King of Heaven.
In Gods name, then, let us cross the bridge, and fall onthem. That we cannot suffer: we call no man master.
Not to mention thatall Englishmen are born heretics. Thou must fight, Charlie, whetherthou will or no. In some respects their conduct comparedfavorably with ours. And you willfind that the girl herself will be more affected than anyone else. Iwill not go to church until we have beaten them. Half the time the artillery is moretrouble than it is worth. Butyour lordship knows very well that I am not attached to the soil ina vulgar manner, like a serf.
Our friend here takes the view that the young woman is asorceress. I say so; and older and wiser heads than mine are of thesame opinion.
In your language traitor meansbetrayer: one who is perfidious, treacherous, unfaithful, disloyal.
The Court smiles broadly: even titters a little. It would not be seemly for you to do so, Messire John, asyou are still six removes from a barony.
As the Archbishop passes Joan,she falls on her knees, and kisses the hem of his robe fervently.
Why doesnot Queen look after thee properly? God did not give themthe land under those forts: they stole it from Him.
It would not be seemly for you to do so, Messire John, asyou are still six removes from a barony.