bibulus-users

[Bibulus-users] New entry type: manuscript?

From: Thomas Widmann
Subject: [Bibulus-users] New entry type: manuscript?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:23:39 +0100

Hi,

three months ago, Jesse Billett wrote the following to Bibulus-users
(see the archive for the full message):

> [...]
> So this would require the following traditional BibTeX-style fields:
>
> Address:              Florence
> Library:              Biblioteca Laurenziana
> Shelfmark:            Amiatino I (the MS prefix doesn't apply to all
>                       styles... needs to be optional)
> Pagerange:            [empty if all]
>                       Latin "saecula", and refers
>                       to the centuries when the book might have been made]
> Origin:               Jarrow or Wearmouth, Northumbria
> Standardref:          \CLA III, 299 % (use a macro for abbreviated names.
>                       This one is "Codices  Latini Antiquiories",
>                       a standard ref. work)
> Edition:              [citation key for an edition of the manuscript]
> Seealso:              [pp.~11--12, nn.~12--13, Plates VIII, IX]{Lowe:1960}
>                       [pp. 71, 199]{Bischoff:1999}
> [...]

Apart from Seealso (which is an annotation, I think), Address and
Pagerange, the fields seem to be new (what is meant by 'X-te' -- is it
just a date?).  Should we make a new entry type called <manuscript>

/Thomas
--
Thomas Widmann          Bye-bye to BibTeX: join the Bibulus project now!
address@hidden                                <http://www.bibulus.org>