RE: [be] New subscriber's post (developmental questions)

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: RE: [be] New subscriber's post (developmental questions)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 09:28:54 +0200

Hello Jorma,

In view of the message, quoted below, I am inviting you to subscribe to
address@hidden, since issues pertaining to
internationalization will be discussed there, something you expressed an
interest in.

On Sat, 2010-04-10 at 15:07 +0900, Nakamaru Kunio wrote:
> I surfed the source and found English strings within templates are
> static.
> If I personally localize it to Japanese, it will be cumbersome to
> update from
> the repository later.
>
> Is there any space for me to help on internationalization?

Hello Kunio,

An interest has been expressed by somebody, see above, to work a bit on
internationalization. In case you'd like to work on that too, then the
combined efforts speeds up reaching the desired goal.

I am not aware of static English strings in the templates, apart from
some for the Administrator, but the intention is to have everything
internationalized for the manager, the translators, and all the way to
the visitor. Do you mean the texts in the .tpl templates between
{t}...{/t} markup? This markup is functionally the same as "gettext" in
the .php files. In the web/web/pot directory, there is a file
"po-create", and this file puts all text within gettext () and
{t}...{/t} into bibledit.pot, which can then be used for localization.

Translations are being done on
https://translations.launchpad.net/bibledit/. This has not been updated
for some time, but I've just uploaded the latest bibledit.pot so this
hopefully gets accepted within a few hours. I'll make a note to set it
up automatically so that any changes go there also, without manual work.

Teus.