bayonne-desktop

[Bayonne-desktop] Thoughts on taps C api

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-desktop] Thoughts on taps C api
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:39:19 -0500

An outline for the proposed "C" api for GNOME Telephony Application
Programming Services:

typedef enum TAPS_ERROR ...

TAPS_ERROR taps_identify(const char *extension, const char *password);

Connect to a taps TCP server (uses the gnome config entry to determine
host name and port), and identify ourselves as extension X, with password
Y.

TAPS_ERROR taps_relocate(const char *port);     (optional)

Relocate our session (extension number) to a specific pbx port; auto-set
relocation or activation for hotelling.

TAPS_ERROR taps_release(void)

Diconnect session and release any socket used; exit or shutdown taps.

TAPS_ERROR taps_call(const char *number[])

Dial one or more telephone numbers with call progress analysis and run
through when connected successfully.

TAPS_ERROR taps_dial(const char *number)

Dial a number and join a call to my extension.

TAPS_ERROR taps_answer(void)

Auto-answer an incoming call for headset phones.

TAPS_ERROR taps_status(const char *string, unsigned size)

Return status of my extension at the moment, is it connected, etc.

TAPS_ERROR taps_hangup(void)

Disconnect on current caller.

TAPS_EVENT *taps_event(unsigned timeout)

Get a call event, such as incoming call notification.

TAPS_ERROR taps_mask(TAPS_EVENT_MASK|...)

Enable sending of specific station events to us.

TAPS_ERROR taps_control(const char *str)

Set control options on telephone station set (dnd, etc).

Perhaps also hold/recall/park functions...