Re: [Axiom-math] Some questions about Axiom

From: Erik Eidsvig
Subject: Re: [Axiom-math] Some questions about Axiom
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 16:21:56 +0200

Or just answer some of them if you have the time. I will read myself up, but have not found a tutorium that covers these things.

Hi! I love this program and has put a lot of time reading the tutorials and used it a lot in short time. However, I have run into some issues. I hope you have time to answer them:) I have tried a lot of commands on each questions to find out for myself, but to make the mail more easy to read I will only include my questions.

How do I find the n-root of a number?

How do I solve inequalites?

How do I find the angle in a scalar product? Degrees and radians.

Is it possible to find the logarithm with base 10, 2 and 3 etc?

How can I calculate easy logarithmic tasks like this: (I think I have read it in a tutorial, but I have searched and I can not find it)

If I know the x-value of the function, is it possible to make Axiom find the tangent in this point?

If I know the x-value of the function (vector) is it possible to make Axiom find the function of the line that stands normal on this point?

Is it possible to find the distance between the line and a point?

The lenght of a vector?

Permutations and combinations in probability nCr and NPr?

How can I rewrite a _expression_ to with respect to a variable? For example v=H*r and to make axiom rewrite this as r=H/r?

And I guess lcm is defined for only 2 numbers and not 3?

I realize that this is a lot of questions, so it is completely okay if you answer each questions short. I have tried a lot on my own, but  need hints to understand the whole picture. I will also try to understand the coding of the programme afterwards:)It took me a short time to become natural with the programme, so thanks a lot!