[Axiom-math] SPAD Contest - most beautiful example

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-math] SPAD Contest - most beautiful example
Date: 20 Jan 2008 13:34:07 +0100

Dear all,

frequently I'm asked how programming in SPAD looks like.  I then usually show
some function I'm just using, but that's quite unsatisfactory, because people
won't really understand.

So, the winning operation has to satisfy the following criteria:

* must be in the current algebra (i.e., SPAD, not interpreter code!)

* it's purpose should be relatively easy to grasp (say, math undergraduates)

* the mathematics behind it should be easy (say, math undergraduates)

* it should not be more than about 10 lines long

* it should be *beautiful*.

I'm curiously awaiting proposals.

Martin

PS: tomorrow and Tuesday I'm presenting axiom to students again (as free
alternative to MMA).  I'm competing with maxima and sage, each of us has a
half-hour slot.