[Axiom-math] Re: [Aldor-l] Type equivalence of domains in Axiom and Aldo

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-math] Re: [Aldor-l] Type equivalence of domains in Axiom and Aldor
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:14:24 +0100

Thank you Saul,

First, thank you very much for your code. Under which license is it?
Public domain, mBSD, GPL, ... ?

Unfortunately, the compiler has changed a bit.

woodpecker:~/scratch/Youssef/london>aldor Basics.as
woodpecker:~/scratch/Youssef/london>aldor Categories.as

#1 (Error) There are 2 meanings for the operator `+'.
        Meaning 1: (Obj, Obj) -> Obj
        Meaning 2: (A: Obj, B: Obj) -> (
                Obj with
#2 (Error) There are 2 meanings for the operator `..'.
        Meaning 1: (Obj, Integer) -> Obj
        Meaning 2: (A: Obj, n: Integer) -> (
                Obj with
#3 (Error) There are 2 meanings for the operator `*'.
        Meaning 1: (Obj, Obj) -> Obj
        Meaning 2: (A: Obj, B: Obj) -> (
                Obj with
#4 (Error) There are 2 meanings for the operator `^'.
        Meaning 1: (Obj, Integer) -> Obj
        Meaning 2: (A: Obj, n: Integer) -> (
                Obj with

In fact, I don't quite know how to resolve that problem.
Actually, I wonder why I don't see any line numbers here.

I'm attaching my code from the time (~3k lines) which includes the
bits in the paper.  It all actually at least used to compile and work
in 2001.

I guess the commands "ao" and "ai" that I find in "compile" and "exercise" mean something like

alias ao=aldor -fao
alias ai=aldor -G interp

Or did you use other scripts?

     One of the things that encouraged me at the time was thinking
about the simplest Aldor category in the mathematical sense: objects
of the category are Aldor domains satisfying

Domain: Category == with  # no signatures (my favorite base category
for a library)

I wonder why you called it "Domain" and not something else? In some way you are right

A: Domain

then says that A is a domain. Sounds not too bad.

Ralf