[Axiom-math] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-math] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: iterators and cartesian product.
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 07:50:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Bill Page wrote:

| On 10/31/07, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| >
| > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Bill Page wrote:
| > | I mean: What does Monad as defined in the Axiom library right now:
| > |
| > | ++  Monad is the class of all multiplicative monads, i.e. sets
| > | ++  with a binary operation.
| > |
| > | have to do with Monads in Haskell?
| >
| > That is explained in the reference to Philip Wadler's paper I pointed
| > to in my earlier message.
| >

| Philip Wadler's paper is well known and was published in 1992.

Then, I'm surprised you do not see they are the same categorial notion.
It is not that I'm unwilling to explain what it is.  I just don't have
the time right now.  However, since I do have references to existing
explanations, I can point you there.  Wadler's paper is one of the
simplest explanations. Or, you can go directly read Moggi's paper.
If you still disagree, then, let stop it at there.

-- Gaby