Re: [Axiom-math] Simple question

From: 'Soren Hansen'
Subject: Re: [Axiom-math] Simple question
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 18:55:55 +0100

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 12:35:41PM -0500, Bill Page wrote:
> You can find out by doing the following:
>
> (1) -> )set message bottom on

Clever. This will come in handy. :-)

> > Yes, I spotted LambertW in the output from Maple when I asked it the
> > same question. :-) I have however never heard of it before.  Is it
> > difficult to implement? I'm thinking it could be my first stab at
> > implementing something new in Axiom. :-)
> You might be interested in: Chapter 22: First encounters of an Aldor
> novice by Robert Corless

Yes, I already read it and converted it to spad. However, I'd like to
have it extended to what Maple can do (chosing different branches and
handling of complex numbers).

> > Would be nice to see that in Axiom. ;-)
> Yes indeed. I would be glad to work with anyone having that objective.

I would be very interested in implementing both LambertW and whatever
else is needed for the function to be used when solving equations of the
w*exp(w) form. I'll probably need some help. I'll look into it in a few
days. I've got project deadlines coming up real soon. :-)

--
Mange hilsner, Søren Hansen.