Re: [Axiom-math] Simple question

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-math] Simple question
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:48:58 +0100

Unfortunately Axiom apparently cannot (yet) find an exact solution for
this one (requires LambertW).

Yes, I spotted LambertW in the output from Maple when I asked it the
same question. :-) I have however never heard of it before. Is it
difficult to implement? I'm thinking it could be my first stab at
implementing something new in Axiom. :-)

Hi Bill,

the first time I saw LambertW was when Manuel Bronstein presented his "Poor Man's Integrator". Since that is a very short Maple program (these 85 or so lines of code should be on his homepage) it would probably add to the integration abilities of Axiom.

Would be nice to see that in Axiom. ;-)

Ralf