Re: Moving avrdude to Git ?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: Moving avrdude to Git ?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 23:15:12 +0100

As Doom wrote:

> Regarding the already allocated name, would you reconsider the question to
> move to GitHub
> if I get back *avrdude* GitHub account name for the project ?

Again, it's not a matter of Git or not, it's a matter of someone
converting the remaining infrastructure. I can export the issues on
Savannah, but the result is only a simple HTML blurb. It has a bit of
structure, but it's not like a nice XML document you can easily
parse. So it needs work, to read and parse that HTML, and hack a
script that imports all this into Github.

> PS : You're maybe "alone" in the project because the official repo is not
> on GitHub !

I'm not so sure about that.

What I really don't need is people sending more pull requests. It took
me years to find the time and energy to process the already existing
patches (which is roughly the equivalent of a pull request). What it
really needs is people who are willing to work on all those requests
and reported issues, review the patches, try and test them, suggest
what needs to be done before they are acceptable.

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/