Re: Introducing SerialUPDI programmer

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: Introducing SerialUPDI programmer
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 14:23:01 +0100

As Dawid Buchwald wrote:

> I can provide more details, should there be interest, but for now I
> can shortly describe the implementation process: I forked
> https://github.com/sigmike/avrdude repo into
> https://github.com/dbuchwald/avrdude, created new programmer
> definition, and started porting official SerialUPDI driver from
> Microchip (https://github.com/microchip-pic-avr-tools/pymcuprog)
> written in Python to C.

Hmm:

"pymcuprog is a Python utility for programming various Microchip MCU
devices using Microchip CMSIS-DAP based debuggers"

If it handles the CMSIS-DAP based debuggers, what's different from the
UPDI support that is present in the AVRDUDE SVN?

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/