[patch #9816] Implement new programmer type: linuxspi

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [patch #9816] Implement new programmer type: linuxspi
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 15:22:59 -0500 (EST)

Update of patch #9816 (project avrdude):

Follow-up Comment #5:

I also added Lars' patch in r1498.

I included a default port string now (the one which appears to be the default
for my Raspberry Pi - yeah, finally able to test it), and I moved the ISP
clock setting to the -B option as it is done for all other programmers. -b
used to be used for RS232-attached programming dongles to really tell the
RS232 baudrate. Additional advantage: -B can parse kHz and MHz suffix.

Finally, I changed the default bitclock to 200 kHz (so it fits the 1 MHz
default CPU clock of most AVRs), improved documentation a bit (the texinfo
file now has a full wiring example), and I implemented the configure logic in
avrdude.conf so the default linuxspi entry is now automatically shipped if the
option is enabled by configure. (We did similar already with the parport stuff
in the past.)

So thanks to everyone.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9816>

  Message sent via Savannah