australia-public-discuss

Re: [Australia-public-discuss] cutting the red tape

From: Daniel Black
Subject: Re: [Australia-public-discuss] cutting the red tape
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 17:57:41 +1100

On 05/12/14 05:26, Daniel Black wrote:

> Not like I expect much to come of it put the ACIP report
> (http://www.acip.gov.au/reviews/all-reviews/review-innovation-patent-system/)
> recommendations on patents to http://cuttingredtape.gov.au/
>
> Other submissions there may create a bit more awareness.

FWIW - i got a response

OCR version of PDF. Errors are the things I was too lazy to correct.

                     AustraIi_ii_Government

              Depairt_e_t of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
                                             ANDREW FISHER BUILDmG
                                               ONE N_TIONAL CIRCUlT
                                                                 BARTON

                                                  Refere_ce; CRT8275

Mr Daniel Black
daniel.n7b$__internode.on.net

Dear Mr Black

Thank you for taking the time to provide to the Government your ideas
about cutting red tape

In relation to the Innovation Patent System. The Govemment has a
multifaceted approach to deregulation, and welcomes all ideas to reduce
red tape. Your submission has been forwarded to the Industry Portfolio
so that your views can be considered.

In your submission you refer to the red tape cutting options recommended
in the ACIP's Final Report on the Review of the Innovation
Patent System, released on 16 June 20l4. You also suggest the Government
could consider if the Innovation Patent System remȧins relevant, aand
whether or not it could be abolished. The
Government is presently considering its response to that Report.

IP Australia, the Australiaan Government agency that administers
intellectual property (IP) rights and legislation, is currently
reviewing its regulations to find areas where they can cut
red tape without compromising the integrity of the IP system. If you
would like to provide IP AustraIia with further information about your
ideas, or other suggestions for cutting red tape, you can contact Jackie
Caroll by email at address@hidden or by
phone on (O2) 6283 2152.

More broadly, in 2Ol4 the Government has announced more than 400
measures to reduce red tape, including amendments to intellectual
property laws, saving over $2.l billion in regulatory costs. Through its
biannual parliamentary repeal days, it has already repealed over
lO,OOO legislative instruments and 1800 Acts of Parliament.

I hope you find this information useful, and thank you again for giving
your views.

Yours sincerely

    "
Linda Laker
Assistant Secretary
Office of Deregulation

24 December 2Ol4

 _o$fal Addre$s, _O BOX 6500, CANBERRA ACT 2600
Telephone:+612_2715111 Fax.+61262715014 _.pmcgov.au ABN 18108001191