australia-public-discuss

Re: [Australia-public-discuss] Video/audio from patents talk and committ

From: anthony berglas
Subject: Re: [Australia-public-discuss] Video/audio from patents talk and committee hearing
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:18:24 +1000

With regards to TRIPS, I don't think anyone allows patents of Maths.  Or song writing techniques.  Or, until recently, business methods.  So there is clearly some ability to limit the applicability of patentable matter.  And Europe clearly excludes "Software as such", and this was tested in their parliament.

But going down the free vs proprietary route is quite different. And I would say a potentially huge distraction.  What exactly does free mean anyway...  Please leave it off the agenda.

Anthony