arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] arx.adamantix.org down?

From: Walter Landry
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] arx.adamantix.org down?
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:59:48 -0700 (PDT)

> On 2007/05/28, at 17:13, <address@hidden>
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > That is the nice version of the story. The truth is that the
> > servers have
> > been shut down intentionally and without prior warning by Torge
> > Szczepanek, who hosted the Adamantix web site for free. Out of revenge
> > probably. There is nothing I can do about it. If you want to complain,
> > then you have to write e-mail to address@hidden
> >
> > I am now going to buy a server and put it in an IPS's rack
> > somewhere. But
> > that also means that I will have to pay for bandwidth. But I don't
> > have
> > much money. So I am not sure whether I will still be able to host
> > the ArX
> > repository again.
> >
> > I am not sure how this will work out. But I will keep you posted.
> > And I
> > appologise for the problems caused by this act of stupidity.

In any case, I appreciate your contribution to ArX.  For the
forseeable future, I should be able to host the repository at the
caltech address.

Oda, I appreciate your offer, but I don't think I need it now.  If
something comes up, I may take you up on it.

Kevin, can you change the URL's on the web site to point to caltech?
I put up a copy of the last release at

  http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~walter/ArX-2.2.4/

and the repository is at

  http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~walter/arx